swaziland and mozambique

Sep 21st, 2005, 02:57 AM
Original Poster

swaziland and mozambique

I'm planning our first safari and we're
honing in on the area near Melalane. I'm told Swazi and Moz. are an hour's drive and have read various posts about both. Would very much like to see these areas and particularly, snorkel in Moz. We'll have 4-5 nights total for the safari and whatever other areas. Looking for some advice on how to do it--we could day trip into Swazi and Moz or could spend a night in either place or just one, etc. Was planning on 3 nights at the safari place and then the other one or two either in the same spot for the day trips, or again, could divide it up. Thanks in advance for any guidance!!
Sep 21st, 2005, 05:40 AM

The drive from Swaziland to Maputo, the capital of Moz, which I have done, took about 2-1/2 hours in private taxi, but the areas to snorkel in Moz are much further up the coast and you'd need to fly from JNB to get there.

You won't be able to snorkel on a daytrip into Moz, and won't be able to really see Moz if you only have two days.

I don't know where Melalane is, but if its near Kruger, you could drive into Swaziland, but the gameviewing is not nearly as good in Swazi as in and around Kruger. What are you intending to see in Swaziland?

Search this Thread