swaziland advice

Mar 3rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
nro
Original Poster

swaziland advice

I plan on spending three days in Swaziland while in South Africa this May. While I have been so SA before, Swaziland is new to me...any advice on where to stay would be apreciated.
also
Anyone have any reviews of Hlane National Park?

Thanks!
Mar 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM

I have visited Mkhaya, and we saw several white rhino -- in fact, we tracked rhino on foot. Small park, but interesting selection of animals, including sable and roan.
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:57 PM

Hlane is quite small, but very nice. the main camp doesn't have any electricity, but they provide you with gas lamps which are enough. There is a little restaurant and shop, but I would recommmend taking your own food and have a barbeque on the camp fire. You can take walking safaris in the main park, where you'll probably see elephant and white rhino, but for obvious reasons safaris in the area with the lions are in enclosed trucks, but you still get very close (we were about 2 meters away from a mother and her cubs). The accomodation is extremely good value for money, and although each hut varies, the two that we stayed in on separate occasions were both really nice. Beware of the ostriches tho - im sure they wait outside your door for you to come out, then follow you around everywhere!!
Jun 6th, 2005, 11:05 AM

I have stayed at Mkhaya stone camp. We saw elephants, white rhinos, zebra, hippos, giraffes and lots of impala, etc. The camp is comfortable, not fancy, but very comfortable. There is no electricity. The game drives are well done, and you also have the option to do one on foot if you choose. Staying near Piggs Peak anywhere is lovely..it is beautiful country.

Search this Thread