Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Surfer mails (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/surfer-mails-329552/)

Selwyn_Davidowitz Jun 20th, 2003 03:00 PM

Surfer mails

To all "Africa and Middle East travel" Fodorites,

I am not even going to bother about singing the praises of "Roccco" or "Scared to Death" as I think that they have over many posts proved to be worth their salt in terms of what they suggest, report and offer as advice from all that they have gained through their own many travels and research. Those who read this web page regularly know exactly what I mean.

As far as Surfer is concerned we have seen the likes of this poster come and go on this page on numerous occasions in the past. Somehow I suspect that Surfer has a positive contribution to make to this board and I think that most readers and writers to this page would welcome this type of input. With that said if his/her mails continue on the same level that they are right now then my comment to all Fodorites would be:

You all know the drill from the past and that is:

1. Ignore any Surfer mails entirely ? Look right past them!

2. Do not respond to any of his/her writings at all; as a matter of fact ignore them entirely UNLESS they are written in the proud spirit of this webpage.

3. Eventually he/she will leave.

If we follow this plan we will maintain the excellent webpage that we so proudly have and will continue to have in the future.

Surfer, may I repeat that you more than liley have a positive contribution to make and if I am correct please do so in the correct manner. If you cannot conduct yourself accordingly rest assured you will not receive any credibility on this webpage and will find that your mails are simply ignored with all your writings becoming a waste of your own time. If you enjoy wasting your time then so be it.

In finality may I suggest that nobody responds to this mail. We need no further comments as they only give the present writings of Surfer credibility. Only comment if you feel totally different to the spirit of this mail. May I add that this includes you Surfer as I certainly will not respond to anything else that you write UNLESS it is written in the same spirit that this webpage is so well known for. In case you dont know what this means then let me enlighten you by saying that we are very proud of the VERY HIGH standard of positive, helpful, friendly contributions to this page and strive to maintain this level of quality throughout.

Selwyn Davidowitz
[email protected]
Very proudly part of the wonderful ((r)) nation of South Africa

Surfer Jun 23rd, 2003 05:58 AM

My goodness, I didn't do enough to rate all that time, but thanks anyway. Words to the wise are always appreciated.

I simply suggest travellers consider modesty in their postings. Leave some room for others, and spare us any more minute-by-minute postings as T Hour approaches - that's Travel.

Have fun on your trips, and impose some proportionality.

Yes, I may from time to time have a thought or two to offer. I shall endeavor to keep it positive. I shall also keep my ego in check. :>

LizFrazier Jun 23rd, 2003 08:14 AM

Before I judge someone on just one post, I usually click on the names of the posters and see how they have posted prior to this post, and then determine who I think is out of line.
I think you will find it interesting in this case when you read prior posts on other boards. Just how I judge the sincere and helpful. Liz

Surfer Jun 23rd, 2003 08:31 AM

Liz, Liz, please - I've tried my best to remain humble. And now you come along, from where, I do not know, and uncover all my great postings. And I was doing so well!! Well, looks like new name time.

LizFrazier Jun 23rd, 2003 10:26 AM

No Surfer, I think you have a great sense of humor. Really. Please don't change your name. I wasn't scolding you. Honest.