Online Agency to Book Kenya Airways Flight?

Old Oct 25th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online Agency to Book Kenya Airways Flight?

I've been trying to book a flight on Kenya Airways from LHR to JRO, but none of the online sites seem to be able to book the flight. Travelocity shows the flight I want, but when I tried to book, they sent me e-mail telling me that they don't have an arrangement to buy the tickets. Neither Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, or Onetravel would allow me to book the flight. The Kenya Airways site doesn't allow users from the US to buy tickets online.

So, is there an online site to purchase these tickets, or do I have to find a regular travel agent to do this for me? Could I book through NWA/KLM since they're a partner?
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 04:04 PM

Are you trying to fly LHR-NBO-JRO?

I was only able to get the NW website to pull up LHR-AMS-JRO on KLM.

KLM codeshares with Kenya Airways on the AMS-NBO flight but not the LHR-NBO flight, so I think that's why you won't find that particular flight available for purchase on nwa.com. Also flights between NBO-JRO are actually operated by Precision Air and Kenya Airways codeshares with them on that flight.

I believe Sharon (cooncat) recently had to purchase a ticket on Kenya Airways and had the same issue. Perhaps she can tell you how she was ultimately able to purchase her ticket.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 04:11 PM

I'd be happy to help: Call the airline at 866-536-9224. This is Kenya Airways' Chicago office. That is how I got my tickets, although they had me in their system via Travelocity. (Don't ask me - I called Travelocity and asked for an explanation of why they could seemingly book me but...not.) I was able to confirm with KA that I did indeed want the ticket. I had to send them a check; there's a charge of something like $30 if you want to use your credit card. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help. Good luck!

Sharon
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Original Poster

Ah, o.k.

I was trying to book LHR-NBO-JRO. Kenya Airways has a evening flight leaving Heathrow and arriving in the morning at Kilimanjaro airport via NBO. This flight is only $1025. I can get a similar flight on KLM: LHR-AMS-NBO-JRO, but at a higher cost. I believe this is the flight that Patty found.

I played around with things and found out that if I add an overnight in AMS, I could the price to around $1000. However, I didn't want to do this.

I had the same problem as Sharon - I purchased the tickets on Travelocity and then got a phone call and e-mail telling me that they couldn't book the flight and that they were refunding my money. Why they show a flight you can't book on their website is beyond me.

Thanks for the info Sharon. I'm going to try my corporate travel agency tomorrow morning - we can book personal travel with them at no charge. Otherwise, I'll do as you suggest and call their Chicago office.
Old Oct 25th, 2005, 06:29 PM

Hope it all works out. I, too am baffled over the Travelocity thing. I even got an e-mailed, completed itinerary for the flight from Travelocity - before the phone call!

Good luck!