suitable clothing for the Mara & Serenghetti?

Sep 10th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Original Poster

suitable clothing for the Mara & Serenghetti?

We"re leaving for Masai mara on Thursday,15th.Sept. and I wondered if I would need a fleece lined wind jammer for early mornings and evenings or if a lightweight rain jacket would be sufficient? I'm considering weight restrictions on small aircraft and the fact that we spend the last 3 days in Zanzibar,where it will be hot? Thanks Garthc
Sep 10th, 2005, 03:48 PM
bwanamitch

That depends on the vehicles you're using. Open vehicles and last row in closed vehicles = fleece - closed vehicles, front rows = rain jacket. In case of a balloon ride I would opt for the fleece, too.

Mitch

Sep 11th, 2005, 03:29 AM
sandi

Either is good, but also have somethings to layer underneath. Besides a t-shirt, maybe a thermal-t as it's chilly in the mornings - will be more so if ballooning (the height) - and evenings; and some socks, even gloves (especially if your games drives are in open vehicles).

We traveled throughout our trip (including 3-days in ZNZ) in light aircraft and even with jeans, jeans jackets and other "stuff" were still under the weight limits. You can always wear the outer fleece or windbreaker on the Int'l flight as it does tend to get cold up there too.

Sep 12th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou, Mitch and Sandi for your advice. Now I will check what type of vehicle we travel in. Garthc

Search this Thread