Suggestions outside of safaris

Apr 3rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Suggestions outside of safaris

We're organizing a safari trip in November to Tanzania. Any suggestions on other must-see/do options, particularly cultural, that we should consider? We only have two weeks, so will likely stick with the Northern Circuit area for safari.

Also, any safety concerns for two women traveling in Tanzania?
Thanks for any help. Sorry if this is redundant with other postings, but I couldn't find any reference in the things I was able to search/read.
Apr 3rd, 2005, 01:18 PM
sandi

Most people "only" have two weeks, so whatever you plan is doable.

Safety is fine, assuming you're traveling through a tour operator. If with a group there will be other people; if traveling just the two of you you'll have your guide/driver - no problems.

November is the "short rains" with occasional rain in the afternoons or overnight, so I don't recommend you do a camping safari. Permenent tent camps and/or lodges will be just fine.

As to cultural things to do - visiting a Masai village, visiting a womens work group, visiting a local school - if these are some of interest, discuss with your tour operator and they should be able to arrange these for you.

Let us know where you are planning to stop and stay on your itinerary, and if you have any questions, or we have comments... we'll go from there.

Search this Thread