Suggestions for good itinerary

Sep 7th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Original Poster

Suggestions for good itinerary

I'm a 73 years of age in good health. I'm retired and time is no problem. I wish to visit Africa - South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda ....Wish to stay in English speaking area. Don't like to miss anything important. Some more countries can be added or dropped. Open to your suggestions. I want to start and end my trip in South Africa. Need your help and may God bless you all.
Thank you.
Yours,
Officious
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:12 AM

That's a big question and you'll get numerous answers, recommendations, pros/cons.

Know that Kenya/Tanzania are in East Africa and transport within Africa (the Continent) can be time consuming and expensive, with limited and oft strange flight schedules. Even for that matter, transport between the Southern African countries - South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia and Mozambique.

There are also seasons, which will determine pricing and even weather.

If you haven't done so, suggest you pick up copy of Fodor's "Complete Safari Planning Guide" that covers all the safari countries, with lots of useful details/information.

Do your best to focus on the areas of most interest, will provide what it is you are seeking, where, why, for how long and overall costs. Just saying 'time isn't an issue' it might be as well will be your budget, especially as traveling solo where at many places there are single supplements on your accommodations.
Sep 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM

sandi's advice and suggestion to get the Fodors Safari book is excellent.
You also might look at some high-end tour companies for ideas. Here is Abercrombie And Kent (A&K) -
http://www.abercrombiekent.com/trave...africa-safari/

regards - tom

Search this Thread