Stayed at Shinda?

Jul 2nd, 2003, 04:53 AM
Original Poster

Stayed at Shinda?

Shinda Camp in the Okavango Delta has been suggested by Jeremy Lock of African Destinations. I can't find it in Fodors, which makes me a little nervous. If anyone has experience with either the camp or Jeremy I'd appreciate comments. Thanks, Safarian
Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:09 AM
LizFrazier

Do you mean Shinde? It is a Ker & Downey Camp. Probably the nicest of their camps. The managers they have gtheir Mark and Ethel are a very (extremely nice) youngish couple. When we were there the situation with the guides was not good, but I think they have shifted them around somewhat. The water activities are very good, especially the boat trip to Madikwe Island to see the rookery. Highlight of our trip. Game viewing was not much when we were there in Aug/Sept. But the camp itself is very nice. Put Shinde Camp in your search engine and you should pull up all the information you need. Liz

Jul 2nd, 2003, 05:12 AM
LizFrazier

That didn't come out quite right. Mark and Ethel are an extremely nice couple, and youngish. Probably 30-something. They were the managers at Machaba Camp when we visited. I preferred Machaba to Shinde but that was because of the managers. Liz

Jul 3rd, 2003, 04:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Liz, yes it is Shinde, sorry. I appreciate your comments and will check other camps.

Search this Thread