Starting the planning...

Jan 3rd, 2001, 06:16 AM
Alison

Starting the planning...

My fiance and I are planning to honeymoon in Novemebr 2001 in S. Africa for approx. 2 weeks. We're planning on concentrating on the Eastern half of the country (friends in Jo'burg, beach house in Durban area) and also b/c he was raised in Kenya (foreign service kid) and wants to show me "the real Africa" - his words. A safari is a must, but I can't seem to decide on any in the guidebooks. We prefer luxury camps to hotel-like accomodations, small groups, and as "back-to-nature" as possible without having to rough it. I apologize for being too picky or vague, but I've never been to Africa and want to see it all. Any suggestions that won't break our budget, ie. less than $500 per night? Thanks so much!
Ali

Jan 5th, 2001, 05:36 AM
Bert

A couple of interesting lodges which are well within reach of Durban (either by road or scheduled charter flight) are Ndumo Wilderness Camp and Rocktail Bay Lodge. The two camps combine well (the one is a typical tented safari camp, the other a secluded Indian Ocean retreat) and would be great for honeymooners.

Descriptions etc. may be found at www.wilderness-safaris.co.za

Jan 8th, 2001, 02:35 AM
Riche

Hi Alison
I am a tour/safari operator in Africa and I am South African.
Please check out our website at
www.tourism.to
And then write to me. I know every corner of my country and I would love to assist you
Best wishes
Riche

Search this Thread