Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   stakerk, hari and others off soon? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/stakerk-hari-and-others-off-soon-635896/)

Leely Aug 1st, 2006 06:01 PM

stakerk, hari and others off soon?

Who's about to head off? I'm guessing lots of people will be hitting Kenya as well as southern Africa 'round about now. Just wanted to say bon voyage! I'm looking forward to your trip reports.

I'll be going on a short safari to the Berkshires this weekend. :(

santharamhari Aug 1st, 2006 06:31 PM

Leely,

Pretty soon. I'll be off sunday August 13, but my flight out of Mumbai is at 2 a.m on August 14th.

Hari

Roccco Aug 1st, 2006 06:38 PM

Kevin, Hari and all the soon to be in Africa...HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! :)

Admittance back into the forum will require plenty of photos and a trip report! ;)

santharamhari Aug 1st, 2006 06:55 PM

Rocco,

Ofcourse....

Hari

santharamhari Aug 1st, 2006 09:48 PM

Anyone at the Kwando camps in August? or even Phinda? Look forward to meeting any fodorites in the area.

Hari

whizforty Aug 1st, 2006 10:47 PM

We are off on Aug 11 on our first ever family safari! Thankyou all for some great tips and valuable information.

To those of you who are off as well... have a super trip.

Whizforty

Kavey Aug 2nd, 2006 08:40 AM

Bon Voyage! Have fun and travel safe!

Patty Aug 2nd, 2006 11:30 AM

Have a great trip, you guys!

sandi Aug 2nd, 2006 12:08 PM

Well gang, have a great time. You'll be missed, but remember "you're there and we're not" - Boo-hoo-hoo

Nyamera Aug 2nd, 2006 12:13 PM

Safirini salama

johan_belgium Aug 2nd, 2006 12:50 PM

Have a great time in Africa and think how lucky you are to be able to be there.

Best regards,

Johan

stakerk Aug 2nd, 2006 05:35 PM

<font color="red">Dear Leely and Other Fodorite Friends:

Thanks for all of your help. I believe we are well prepared thanks to your advice. We depart Saturday for London from LAX. Then Monday to Nairobi, Samburu, the Mara, and Lamu Island. Back on the 19th.

Kwaherini (Goodbye y'all, I believe they say) and Ashante Sana,

Kevin from California</font>

ShayTay Aug 2nd, 2006 05:55 PM

Enjoy your trip, Kevin! Maybe we can have an LA GTG after you get back.

santharamhari Aug 2nd, 2006 06:44 PM

Thanks everyone. Indeed, i feel very lucky and blessed to be able to do this trip to Africa and stay at such fantastic locations!!!

I know many of us fodorites are interested in travelling to Phinda in the near future. Any particular questions you have for me, in terms of doing some research while i'm at Phinda....i would be glad to find out more for the benefit of everyone.

Hari

atravelynn Aug 3rd, 2006 06:26 AM

Hari,

Your assignment is: If you can compare and contrast Vlei and Forest Lodge at Phinda, please do.

I'll also be interested in your observations as a whole the walking and lodge stay at Phinda.

I go on Monday to Botswana.

cw Aug 3rd, 2006 06:45 AM

Hari,

I, too, will be interested in your report on the walking safari.

I'd also be interested in any impressions you might have of the optional side trips, even if you don't take any.

And, of course, I will want to know what the weather/temperatures are. I think I'll have a couple of days between your arrival home and my leaving.

We are staying at Forest Lodge.

Have a wonderful trip, and, yes, we are all so lucky to be able to do this.

CW

santharamhari Aug 3rd, 2006 10:04 AM

Lynn and Cw,

Sure will research on your questions. You will have answers on the boards....probably even when i am in Joburg on August 21, prior to leaving for Botswana on Aug, 22.

CW,

I am definitely doing the Zulu cultural trip and the flight of the fish eagle.....as additional activities, so i will be glad to give you all the possible info of my experiences.

Lynn,

Have a great trip to Botswana.....from memory, you are doing Duba Plains, Duma tau and ????

Hari

stakerk Aug 4th, 2006 12:16 AM

ShayTay:

I would love to have an L.A. get together.

ciao,

Kevin

sundowner Aug 4th, 2006 05:59 AM

Hari, Kevin, whiz40 and all the others leaving us - Have a wonderful trip and treasure every moment!

Cindy

atravelynn Aug 4th, 2006 09:20 AM

Hari,

Duba Plains Aug 10-13
Vumbura Aug 14-15
(I got moved from Little Vumbura at no extra charge)
Zibalianja Aug 16-19

We'll compare notes in Sept!