Sprint iphone 4s in Israel

Aug 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Sprint iphone 4s in Israel

I will call sprint tomorrow, and searched 'sprint'. Didn't see any current messages. Apologies if this is an over-answered topic.

Any experience with Sprint service in Israel? I just came from a town 2 hours away and had no service, so I would like to know if its likely to work. I understand there is lots of wifi available, plan to use skype also. But, it would be nice to get any tips.

I'm also wondering if they have local disposable cell phones like we have here. We will mostly be with family, but leaving my 20yos in the US, I'm a mom...what can I say. I want them to be able to reach us.
Aug 26th, 2013, 07:27 AM

I don't know about Sprint service, but there are definitely options to buy or rent cheapo phones with an Israeli number.

If your phone is unlocked, you can just buy or rent a SIM card, which will probably be cheaper (though depending on your estimated usage, it makes sense for you at least do the math yourself).

I believe all of the major cell-phone providers offer prepaid service, and there are also several companies who rent Israeli numbers to visitors (Israelphones is the one that I have the most experience with, but I don't know how it compares price-wise). The internet should be pretty helpful in helping you do that research.....

And if I remember correctly, within Ben Gurion Airport (right where everyone greets arrivals) there are branches of all the cell phone providers, as well as for Israelphones.

Hope that helps!
Aug 26th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!

Search this Thread