Spier Estate Hotel

Oct 4th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Cees

Spier Estate Hotel

Thinking of booking this hotel for a week late October/beginning November. Does anybody have experience with this hotel and if so which rooms would you consider to be the best for this time of the year

Thanks + regards - Cees

Oct 6th, 2002, 11:14 PM
traci

Hi Cees
All I can say about Spier is stunning, stunning, stunning! I stayed there last year at the end of November - sadly for only one night. I would have loved for it to be longer. The hotel set up has a French Provencal feel to it. The rooms area has the quaintest gravel pathways, shuttered windows and lots of potted herbs and gorgeous gardens. I stayed in one of the standard rooms - and it was very luxurious. I did not go into any of the "garden rooms" which have their own private garden, but I am sure that the interiors were just as lovely. It was sadly too warm to light the fireplace in my room - that would have been a treat. The service I must add was superb. The hotel had a large group in residence at the time but nothing was missed and I still felt special. The restuarant was very accommodating by staying open later than usual to accommodate our party when we found that our meeting ran later than planned. The porters are really entertaining, running the guests up and down the little streets in golf carts. Other advantages for Spier is that it is easy to get to from Cape Town airport, and well located to tour the winelands and other parts of the Western Cape. In addition to this Spier has a number of attractions on the estate: a theater (check what production is on); a golf course and a cheetah sanctuary. I took an early morning stroll over to the pond and wished I had my camera with me. It was very picturesque with the mist rising and the ducks splashing into the water. I hope this conveys to you my enthusiasm for the venue - I would go back there in a heartbeat!
Traci

Search this Thread