Spain,Portugal and Morocco by car?

Apr 9th, 2000, 06:42 PM
Miriam

Spain,Portugal and Morocco by car?

We are flying into Madrid late May and staying for 18 days. We are spending most of the time in Portugal,but want to also do Santiago,Salamanca Seville and Morocco. We have a rental car but told we can't bring it to Morocco,which is where we want to go about midtrip. Any suggestions what to do or where to leave the car? Also would love suggestions on quaint,inexpensive, places to stay, eat, and visit.

Apr 12th, 2000, 10:23 AM
elvira

Morocco: there are a variety of ferry routes from Spain to Morocco. If you are doing a day trip, then go to Tangier and hire a guide through the tourist office, or hook up with a bus tour. If you have more time, then skip Tangier and head for Fez, Rabat, Chefchouen and/or Marrakesh.
Morocco is very inexpensive; a hotel in Paris that is $80 for a double costs $25 in Morocco. $10 buys you more food than you can eat.

Apr 30th, 2000, 12:20 AM
nevado

I left my rented car outside the ferry terminal in Algerciras. (I didn't pay to park it in the structure). We took all of our luggage that wasn't going to Morocco and left it in the baggage place in the ferry terminal. It was a couple of dollars a day per bag. There are many Moroccans hanging outside the terminal saying they will "watch" your car for a fee. I just gave the guy 500-1000 pts. and left it. Make sure your car is fully insured before you leave it. I had no problems. If you are uneasy about it, you could park it in the parking structure.

Search this Thread