Spain and Morocco. Help!

Feb 9th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Spain and Morocco. Help!

I'm currently studing in England and a few friend and I are planning a two week long (roughly) trip to Spain and Morocco. We've been researching various airfares and trainfares and most of them are WAY out of budget. Would it be easiest to fly Newcastle (we were live) to Malaga and take a train to the Southern ports in Spain then a ferry to Morocco? We have been trying to decide between Fez and Marrakesh. Any opinions on which is better? We need all the advice we can get. Can anyone help? Any suggestions on Spain to Morocco would be great! Thanks!
Feb 10th, 2006, 12:07 AM

Hi there,
I live in Morocco and just flew back to the UK for a holiday. The cheapest way I found was to go via Jerez de la Frontera (whch is a great little town) on Ryanair to Stansted. It was 60 euros return. There's a lot to do and see in Jerez and the neighbouring cities (Cadiz, Seville, etc) and of course, great nightlife (flamenco) and tapas. For accommodation, I'd recommend "the Riad" a small charming apartment owned by a guy who actually splits his time in between southern Spain and Morocco (so he's evry knwoledgeable and will be able to give you loads of advice). Check out www.houseinjerez.com for info.

From Jerez, take the bus to Algeciras or Tarifa (I prefer Tarifa because its a smaller port and Tarifa itself is rather charming). The ferry will take you to Tangier. Leave Tangier more or less immediately (by train if you want to go to Fes first, by grand taxi if you are going to Chefchaouen first).

Let me know if you have any other questions.
In Morocco, it depends what you want to do and see, but coming from Spain, I'd say go to Chefchaouen and Fes. Chefchaouen is a really laid-back mountain village, while Fes is the most spectacular medieval medina in the world.
Feb 10th, 2006, 03:36 AM

Have a look at www.triotours.com

I've found it to the best place to answer the question "how do I get to Morocco from Europe" question

Search this Thread