Soweto tour

Jun 26th, 2005, 08:32 AM
LXK
Original Poster

Soweto tour

Can anyone suggest a tour company that takes small groups around Soweto in cars or vans? All I can seem to find are big tour buses.
Also, if time permits visiting only one museum in Johannesburg, would you pick the Apartheid Museum or Museum Africa?
Jun 26th, 2005, 06:17 PM

The Apartheid Museum was very interesting and extremely well done. Although it clearly has a political objective it is not "over the top" pro ANC as opposed to Robben Island. Allow 2 hours to see it. Its quite tricky to find it (its in Gold Reef City). I took the wrong exit on the freeway so try and get good directions.
Never been to Soweto and no desire at all to go there so cant help you on that one.
Jun 26th, 2005, 09:39 PM

LXK,

I would definitely opt for the Apartheid museum over Museum Africa in that I feel that the Apartheid museum is a much more interesting and real experience.

In terms of visiting Soweto I would suggest Jimmy's Face2Face tours at http://www.face2face.co.za/ If posible try and travel with a tourguide by name of Wonga. Overall this is a good experience.

Hope this all helps.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread