South Luangwa, Zambia...

May 2nd, 2004, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

South Luangwa, Zambia...

For anybody that is even remotely interested in South Luangwa, Zambia, here is a very nice eight night package that may be taken anytime in high season (June 01 - October 31st).

http://www.bushcampcompany.com/luangwa-encounter.htm

Considering that air from Lusaka is included (usually $300 pp for a return flight), this is an excellent deal at $2,640 pp or $2,640 +$560 single supplement.

What other game rich area can one possibly go for $330 pppns or $400 single???

I have not used The Bushcamp Company before, but they have an excellent reputation. In my experience, travel agents/tour operators usually try to sell you on either Robin Pope Safaris or The Bushcamp Company.

I really feel that this is an excellent deal, since it gives one the opportunity to stay at three different camps and, especially, since airfare from Lusaka is included. It is really like an additional $300 discount, which translates into an end result of getting this package for $292.50 per night per person sharing or $362.50 per night single.

This is probably the best high season rate that I have seen advertised.
May 2nd, 2004, 09:21 AM

Fabulous camps...do remember that BushCamp company specializes in walking. When I stayed there, we always walked in the morning (no choice to drive) and often in the evening, until sundown. Then a vehicle would meet us at sundowners for a night drive. (Exception: At Kuyenda, Phil Berry seems to schedule long walks in the morning and drives in the evening. I loved this camp....)

Walking is fabulous, but usually people enjoy this after they have lots of closeups of lions and leopards right next to their vehicle. Avid photographers, and people who don't really like to walk, take note...You won't get any closeups of wildlife on a walk (it happens, but if you get that close, the guides are usually trying to get you AWAY, so photos are just not possible...) But walking in Africa is a wonderful experience.

One of my favorite walks was at the very cheap Wildlife Camp in Zambia. A very curious giraffe started following us...always keeping a certain distance . It was a fab encounter.

Search this Thread