Notices

SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015

Jul 1st, 2015, 11:12 PM
Original Poster

SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP-JULY 2015

Hey,

I'm planning a safari trip to south africa this july. We are four, mom dad and my sister. I have absolutely no information about where to stay or which is the best safari park. I'm looking for a 3 nights tour. If possible id also like to include whale watching. So guys, need a lot of suggestions.
Jul 3rd, 2015, 11:23 AM

Wow, talk about open query! Without details I can hightlight what you might see as when DW and I were in SA a few years back with son teaching Univ. of Witswatersrand. In Jo'burg: Aparteid Museum, Soweto (Mandela house), Hector Peterson museum, Rosebank Mall.

North and east is Kruger Safari Park. Over to west Blyde R. Canyon, Pilgrim's Rest mining town, Cradle of Civilization museum at Maropeng, Shangaan cultural village evening performance.

Flying down to Capetown: Cape of Good Hope, Castle, Kirstenbosch Nat'l Gardens. Driving east on N2: Elephant Park at Knysna, whale watching out of Plettenberg, hiking at Robben Park. We spent a week in a rented castle at Plettenberg.

This is only an outline...any question?
Jul 5th, 2015, 06:18 AM

Hi Priya_G!

Before you go on safari, will you be coming from another location, such as Cape Town, Victoria Falls or Johannesburg? That would help identify good options for you for your 3 night safari.

The best game viewing is in the Sabi Sand/Kruger area; however there are smaller game reserves elsewhere but they won't be as game-rich and some do not have a good cat population (lion, leopard, cheetah). One thing to keep in mind is that private game reserves allow off-road driving, have fewer jeeps in the area, and allow night drives. This is not the case in National Parks. If you are only able to do 3 nights, I would recommend that you go to a private reserve.

There is a lodge suitable for nearly every budget in the private reserves. Knowing your style of preferred lodging would help narrow it down too. For example, you could stay in a tented camp (they can be very luxurious!) or at a lodge with individual rooms (typically individual units - free standing). You should factor in the cost of internal flights to get to these locations since you are only in the bush 3 nights. You can get there via road transfers but those could be very long transfers depending upon where you are coming from. If you can extend your trip to more nights, that would be great! The bush is such an amazing place! To be honest, there are many places one could recommend. Any further info would be helpful for making suggestions.

Whale watching can be done from the Cape Town area all the way up the coast to the KwaZulu-Natal area from around May to November or so. So if you were visiting Cape Town before your safari, that would fit nicely.

If you precede your safari stay elsewhere, let us know. That would certainly help posters suggest safari locations as well as other things to do/places to go. Also, I assume you are thinking for next July, as in July 2016? Planning for this month would be near impossible at this point.

Happy planning!
Dianne
Africa Direct USA
Jul 8th, 2015, 04:45 AM

Hey

Try to check with this swapgroups on this link - http://swaptoursgroups.webs.com/sout...sharing-safari which offers services in South Africa and East Africa .

Kris

Search this Thread