help on selecting a tour company

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 01:19 PM
felicia

help on selecting a tour company

I'm planning a trip to Kenya & Tanzania in February '02;tossing between Int't Expeditions, Micato, Africa Adventure Co. and Park East. I would appreciate any feedback to help me make up my mind. It seems to be $8000 for 16-17 days bottom line. <BR>Thank you.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 02:28 PM
geri

Have you looked into Overseas Adventure Travel, Cambridge, MA? I haven't taken their Kenya/Tanzania tour, but have done three others with them--China, Thailand and Peru/Ecuador--all great. Brochure prices begin at &lt;$5000 for 19 days.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 12:36 AM
Karen

Please Don't waste your money by arrange your trip with this Agencies in USA/EUROPE as they are expensive for nothing. They subcontract the safaris to other local Company in Kenya/Tanzania. We have been in Both two contries and we arrange our trip direct with local outfit and we got a good deal value to our money. Get intouch with me for their address if you are interested.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Barbara

You should take a look at Tauck Tours. We just got back from Africa-same places you are going. All their tours are first class and this was no exception. Their tour guides are wonderful and everything is coordinated perfectly. We stayed at the best places and saw so much wildlife, we just couldn't believe it. Their prices are less than you're quoting. I've taken 5 Tauck Tours and have never been disappointed.

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Lynda Howland

I agree that you should book directly with a local company. I have used Fortes Safaris in Tanzania twice, and was very pleased with their tour. Lucas Fortes can be reached at [email protected] <BR> I camped on my last trip to Tanzania and spent $3500 for 3 1/2 weeks, including air, land, meals, etc. Fortes does custom safaris to where you want to go, and will select hotels in your price range, or arrange camping, or a combination of both.

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 05:55 AM
buck

You must look at Vintage Africa"s web site before you make a final judgement. They are the best in Africa and prices are right. I had them in Kenya and they are just outstanding. Buck

Old Aug 12th, 2001, 02:13 PM
rachel sumaria

For $8000 you had better make sure you are getting luxury. if any of the the tour operators use Serena lodges then they are not giving you value for money. For $8000 you should be getting the top end lodges and camps and that means grumeti river camp, kleins Camp, etc. i did a trip with vintage africa and it was amazing top end luxury for less than $8000 for 13 nights in kenya and Tanzania. Do not accept Serenas as luxury lodges because they are not. You must do more research before you spend your money. <BR> <BR>