South Africa Trip Planning

Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

South Africa Trip Planning

I wonder if anyone can give me any feedback on some places we are planning to stay on our first visit to South Africa in October 2005?
Our current thinking is O On Kloof in Cape Town for 4 nights, then Cathbert Country Inn in the Winelands for two nights, and finally 4 nights at Jackalberry Lodge, which is in the Thornybush Privat Game Reserve
Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, pressed post to early!!

If it makes any difference we are a couple in our early 30's travelling from England, and this is the furthest afield we have ever been, it's also the most money we've ever spent on a holiday and right at the top of our budget so please don't tell us to stay at somewhere like the Mount Nelson, or Leopard Hills instead cos we'd love to but can't afford it!!

Anyway, anyone with experiences or advice on the above would be gratefully listened to!

Thanks,

Clare.

PS will have car hire while in Cape Town & Winelands.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:13 PM

I don't know if you are still checking to see if you have a response. It's been a while, but I thought I'd pass on our travel agent's name. I have just finished planning a 2 week trip to South Africa, Zimbabwe (Vic Falls) and Botswana. If you leave out Botswana and focus just on Kruger and the surrounding private reserves, you should be able to keep the price down a bit. But we wanted to see the Okavanga Delta. I dealt with Rikke Williams at go2africa.com and she was wonderful. Her direct e-mail is [email protected] and feel free to tell her that you got her name from the Casale's. She put together a wonderful package for us and was very willing to work within our budget and what we wanted. We haven't actually taken the trip yet (June 2005), but I am sure it will more than leet our expectations. Give her a chance to work out something for you. She can put together airfare, transfers, and even day trips. If you are going to be staying near Kruger, I would recommend adding at least a half day drive through the Panorama Region. In Cape Town we are staying at the Portswood Hotel which is right near the waterfront, but doesn't break the bank. We also decided to try to stay in Sabi Sands private reserve which is supposed to have some of the best game viewing of any of the privates, but can be expensive. Rikke found us a camp there (Elephant Plains Safari Camp) which sounds wonderful and again is more in our budget. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread