atms

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 04:19 PM
stu

atms

Are ATMs readily available, and are there any special requirements to use them - for instance will a six digit pin work there?

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Eric

Stu,<BR><BR>Please say which country you are referring to. Even though you posted this question after highlighting a specific country when it appears on the Africa board the country is not displayed. This will help get the response you are looking for. Thanks!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Dave

For Visa (Plus) ATM's, go to &lt;http://visaatm.infonow.net/bin/findN...NT_ID=VISA&gt;

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 12:17 PM
stu

I am asking about South Africa. Sorry.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 09:47 AM
stu

I tried that visa address, but couldn't get through. anyone else have an answer for me about the number of pin digits required to use the ATMs in South Africa?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Celia

ATM's are readily available. We always use our 4-digit pin without problems. I don't know about 6-digit ones, I'm sorry.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 09:05 AM
xxx

Hi Stu<BR><BR>I'm not sure what country you are traveling from, but we live in London and the last time we were in Cape Town (Jan 2002) we found that our UK "debit cards" were rejected by the ATMs. We were eventually told that the only way our debit card would be accepted, is if we selected the "credit card" option on the ATM. And unbelievably, it worked! And the money still comes from your debit card account, not your credit card - we checked when we got back to London.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 10:47 PM
james

There are ATM all over SA, you'll not have any trouble getting cash. BUT beware the tricksters who will do all sorts of dodgy things to part you with your cash - be aware of your surroundings and don't fall for any small talk from anyone at all. Best of all, go into banks to get your cash or use 'safe' ATM's in lobbies.