Search

Israel and Egypt in Mid May

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 09:00 AM
Jackie

Israel and Egypt in Mid May

Our trip to Isreal and Egypt has been postponed until mid May. Can anyone give me some idea about the weather at this time? Also any other pertinent information(sandstorms, mosquitoes,etc.) about this time of the year would be very helpful. Thank you.

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 01:00 AM
Myriam

We were at the Red Sea Riviera in Egypt in May 2000 and had about 10 stormy days (out of 14) which were very unpleasant. I don't know if these storms are typical for May.

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 02:22 PM
Amik

May can see already some hot days, especially in Egypt, incl. sand storms. And then again, rain is still frequent at that time, especially in Israel. <BR>Mosquitos? probably. <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>Amik.

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 10:39 PM
Lori

Weather in Central Israel in Mid May will be nice, ie no rain. Certainly warm, but not unbearable. Eilat/South will be hot.

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 05:35 AM
Bjorn Alvik

Hi, Jackie <BR>My wife and I went to Egypt (Cairo/Nile cruise) for 14 days in 1997 (March 27th - April 10th) Seemed like the tourist season was getting close to it's end, and the temperature was raising. We felt we had a very narrow escape from the oven. Hence, I would not even think about Egypt in May. <BR>Bjorn, Norway

Old Oct 14th, 2000, 12:43 PM
Karen

Jackie, <BR>My husband and I were in Egypt in mid-April, 1999. In Cairo, the temp was around mid-70's during the day. Further south in Abu Simbel, the temp was over 100 degrees during the day. We didn't encounter any sandstorms or mosquitoes. We picked mid-April because it is towards the end of the high tourist season; less crowds; less waiting in lines. Hope this helps. Have a great trip!