South Africa Lodge

Mar 9th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

South Africa Lodge

If we were to spend three nights at Elephant Plains (to stay in our budget), but then wanted to "splurge" (by splurge I mean about $700PPPN) for 2 more nights of game viewing, where would you recommend we do it to maximize our experience? We'll have a car.
Mar 9th, 2006, 02:09 PM

Hello,

To maximise the variety of environments you encounter, I'd recommend doing your 'budget' nights in one of the northern private reserves like Timabvati, and heading south the Sabi Sands for the last two nights. In the Sabi Sands, your budget would enable you to afford the best -- Londolozi and Mala Mala have both received very good reports from people here, and will both be within your reach. My personal favourite is Londolozi, where I've stayed several times and enjoyed excellent game-viewing, particularly of leopard.

Cheers,
Julian
Mar 9th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! Timbavati looks like it has a number of lodges- which are more budget friendly? Also is this preferable to somewhere like Phinda?
Mar 9th, 2006, 07:11 PM
santharamhari

I would think, they are completely different........can't really make a fair comparison between the two.

You might get good rates, if you try and combine ngala and Londolozi as they are both CCafrica properties.

Hari

Search this Thread