South Africa Itinerary

Oct 5th, 1997, 03:50 PM
Jim Downing

South Africa Itinerary

Our family of 4 (2 college age daughters) will be in S. Africa in January. We will drive from Jburg to the Honeyguide camp near Kruger park, and back to Jburg. Can anyone suggest an scenic route there/back, and places worth stopping on the way? Also, should we bring international drivers licenses? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Oct 14th, 1997, 06:51 AM
fred

Bring cool clothes, your international drivers liscence, and take malaria tablets BEFORE you get there. Worthwhile stops are Blyde river canyon, Bourks Luck potholes, White River, Pilgrims Rest, Mac Mac Falls. The whole area (Highveld) is beautiful and worthwhile spending a few days in. For accommodation look up www.portfoliocollection.com

Oct 31st, 1997, 02:25 PM
beth

I just returned from S.Africa a month ago. The drive from Jo'berg to Kruger without any stops is about 51/2 hours. With stops about 8. I would suggest a stop at the Potholes, Pilgrims Rest, the Blyde River Canyon. All are really beautiful. Pilgrims rest is a town. You can stop and eat lunch their and go onto the Potholes which are amazing! Blyde river Canyon is equally as beautiful. Just remember that they close the park at around 5-5:30pm. We arrived at 5:40 and they would not let us in even though we had reservations at a campsite. So time it right!

Nov 26th, 1997, 07:51 AM
Deanna

I will be in South Africa in June-July 1998. We will take the usual route from Capetown to Jburg. We will be in Jburg two additional nights after the tour is over. We ggestions for additional things to see. This is our first trip to SA and we would like to see as much as we can. Should we rent a car, take a train, get out of Jburg, go back to Kruger? Any expert advise would be appreciated. Thanks!

Search this Thread