South Africa in January

Nov 12th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Original Poster

South Africa in January

We are planning a trip to South Africa in January. We have three weeks. Looking for itinerary ideas. We will be in Cape Town, Victoria Falls and we'd like to do a safri if possible. Any suggestions, routes, etc. Thanks, Sandy
Nov 12th, 2003, 07:33 PM
sandi

There are lots of posts similar to yours on this board. Why not go thru those from just this past month and into October and you'll get an idea of what people are considering or actually doing for their Southern African holidays.

You say you "will be in CPT and VFA" and I should hope you would want to do safari with three weeks time, so once you have specific questions, I'm sure there will be plenty of replies.

Nov 15th, 2003, 09:21 PM

We went from Cape Town up north to Kalahari Transfrontier National Park. Along the way up to Kalahari we stopped at Augrabies National Park (definitely worth a night or two and broke up the drive). On the way back down we stopped for one night at a small national park and then spent several nights at Addo National Park. After Addo we took the Garden route back to Cape Town. If you have enough time you might want to jump over to Namibia when you are at Kalahari. I think Kalahari is just as nice as Kruger, has less tourists and doesn't get malaria outbreaks like Kruger does.

Search this Thread