South Africa Baz Bus

Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

South Africa Baz Bus

If fodorites have travelled on The Baz Bus, a backpackers bus in South Africa, could you please provide your comments. I would like to know if their service is reliable, safe and convient. I am a single female and I plan on travelling around South Africa by mayself. Thanks for any help.
Mar 2nd, 2004, 03:37 PM
nkh

Hi!

I dont know if you are checking all websites or just this one, so my apologies if you already have this approach covered!

I havent travelled by the bus, but I do remember it being talked about on

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/

which is the community for Lonely Planet. (although I cant find info offhand doing a quick search - I know posts do get removed after a certain period of time.

That site seems to have more backpackers responding, and SA is a popular destination so you should get some good info.

Have a wonderful trip!
Mar 2nd, 2004, 09:38 PM

Germanblonde,

I have never travelled on the Bazbus personaly however I know of many people who have done so and their comments have always been outstanding. The Bazbus is a wonderful, cheap and reliable way for anyone to travel around South Africa. They stop at all the various places of stay in the towns they travel to and this means that you generally dont have to worry about accommodation along the way either, that is if you voluntarily use the venues that they suggest. Furthermore you will meet lots of people during your journeys on the bus; as a matter of fact I know of some people who have made lifelong friends while travelling on the Bazbus.

I recommend this way of seeing South Africa highly for those wanting to go the backpack route when visiting our great country so my advice is "go for it"

Hope this helps.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread