south africa

Jan 12th, 2006, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

south africa

I am looking to do a safari in south africa and end at a beach resort. I need to go in June and am afraid that it might be too cold for the beach? Can anyone tell me who is the best company to book with...I have an email into Taga Safaris..... and which places shouldn't be missed. I have 10-14 days.

Thanks!
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:42 PM

I like Nicky Glover at www.eyeesonafrica.net
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:54 PM

Depends on what you consider too cool - for me from the UK I found the weather in KZN in early June warm enough but the wind was so strong that the sand whipped around a lot... we aren't hugely into beaches so this wasn't a big deal for us. But weather wise it was fine.

We spent 5 weeks self drive in South Africa (booked car, accommodation and everything myself directly) before a shorter trip to luxury camps in Botswana and Namibia (which I used an agency to book).

The trip report of the South Africa segment is here:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34511049
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:59 PM

Hello,

The warmest part of South Africa in June will be the Durban area in KwaZululNatal. I'm not a beach person at all, so I can't comment on the wind Kavey mentioned.

I would advise getting in touch with Nicky at Eyes on Africa (www.eyesonafrica.net) -- she has handled several trips for me and gets very comepetitive rates for the safari lodges in SA.

Cheers,
Julian

Search this Thread