sounds of africa

Mar 29th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

sounds of africa

Dear Fellow Africa Nuts,

Many of you may already be familiar with the music of Hennie Bekker and Dan Gibson, but if you aren't you should be!
They both do a lot of new age type soothing music with environmental sounds like birds, rainfall, etc in the background.
Dan Gibson has at least one, and Hennie Bekker has an entire series of Africa themed CD's.
I can't think of a better way to go to sleep each nite than listening to the sounds of Africa.
It makes Africa withdrawal symptoms easier to deal with!

Lily

Mar 29th, 2006, 05:19 PM

My favorite CD from Africa, currently, is a compilation CD named "Women Of Africa." It features some of the best artists from Southern Africa, to East Africa to West Africa to even North Africa.

Also, if I want my dogs to freak out, I can put in my CD that I bought in South Luangwa last September that is a recording of lions, hippos, hyenas, birds, frogs and many other animals.

Check out this link for more information on the CD, and don't be afraid to scroll all the way down to the bottom to read about my cycling adventure through the streets of Mfuwe!

http://www.southluangwaconservations...m/reports.html
Mar 30th, 2006, 02:48 AM
Original Poster

Good morning Rocco and welcome back!
Thanks for the music recommendation. I read the SLCS newsletter and have a question for you. How does planting chili peppers deter elephants? Do they not like the smell? I would think they'd just push past them to get to the good stuff. And what do they do with the used motor oil?
Thanks!
Lily

Search this Thread