Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > sorry - last botswana safari question - i swear! i need your expertise to decide!

sorry - last botswana safari question - i swear! i need your expertise to decide!

Oct 13th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

sorry - last botswana safari question - i swear! i need your expertise to decide!

if you can assist- i would really appreciate it.

i previously posted that i would have to choose two of the ccafrica camps as I could not find my first choice accommodations.

today i learned of availability at a new choice: the mombo concession, staying at chief's and or one other moremi camp.

the question: which is the better experience overall?

A. only staying within the moremi reserve at chiefs and one other camp (maybe stanley?) or

B. diversifying, but NOT getting to stay in moremi (cc africa's sandibe, nxabega and savute)?

from what i have read, people enjoy both experiences.

my sticking point is the idea that it is foolish to pass up the mombo concession which every says is "the best" place for game?

which set would you choose? the only moremi or the fringes of moremi?

i would really like to see a giraffe and or a zebra.

thanks!
kerikeri
Oct 13th, 2004, 11:21 PM
mv

Kerikeri

Chiefs camp will be a very good choice with plenty of wildlife incl Zebra and Giraffe. Chiefs has some of the highest density of game that I have seen anywhere. I was there in 2002 and my guide told me that eventhough the game was very good the gameviewing was not as good as Mombo itself, where he used to guide. Chiefs is a "dry" camp so I would combine it with one of the CC lodges or another watercamp.
If you like elephants, the elephant experience at Stanleys is quite something. You get to spend ? day with 3 semihabituated elephants. Stanleys also has very good game but is more or less also a dry camp eventhough the do offer short mekoro rides

Michael
Oct 14th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much, michael.
i really appreciate the input and advice!

kerikeri

Search this Thread