Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/someone-please-help-me-617531/)

amyy May 22nd, 2006 11:43 AM

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm desperate for information on the Sheraton Plaza hotel and Prima Kings hotel in Jerusalem, Israel. Is the Sheraton Plaza really a five star hotel? Is the Prima Kings really a dump as I've heard. Any help would be really great!!!!!!!!!! Thanks alot

galiano May 22nd, 2006 03:32 PM

Try Trip Advisor. They usually have really good independant reviews. Google something like : Jerusalem Trip Advisor and you should get what you want.

WestonTraveler May 22nd, 2006 03:44 PM

I have only been in the lobby of each of those hotels. My impression of the Prima Kings was that it seemed like an inexpensive tour group type of hotel. I knew some people staying at the Sheraton and they didn't have any complaints, but I don't know about 5 star...If you want 5 star, the King David is the place to be. It was amazing! David Citadel is also very nice, but doesn't have the history etc of the King David.
Prima Kings and Sheraton are across the street from one another.

shmulb May 23rd, 2006 03:28 AM

Here is my reply from a few posts down -

I stayed at the Kings last June. It is directly across the street from the Sheraton. Although it is not nearly as opulant as the Sheraton, we found it very comfortable and the breakfast was fine. Nothing outstanding but certainly nothing that would turn me off. It seems to be popular with the very religious but there was also a large grp of secular American college kids. You can walk to the center (ben yehuda) in about 10 minutes and to the Jaffa gate in about 15.

Flame123 May 23rd, 2006 03:50 AM

The Prima Kings hotel in Jerusalem is not a nice hotel by any means. The lobby is OK, nothing more. But you don't go to a hotel for their lobby. I have seen the rooms and they were pretty dumpy and not particularly clean. Personally I would not stay there. I have eaten the food there as well and it was bad, hardly was able to eat anything.

As for the Sheraton, don't know about that but I would be hard pressed to call any of the Sheraton hotels in Israel as 5 star.

amyy May 23rd, 2006 05:33 AM

flame123 thank you very much for the information. when was the last time you stayed/saw the prima kings? i hear they have done renovations. is it possible it is better now? thanks alot.

Flame123 May 23rd, 2006 08:38 AM

Last time I was in Prima Kings was last September if memory serves. When were they supposed to have done renovations? When is your planned trip?

amyy May 23rd, 2006 01:37 PM

thanks for answering flame123. Are you talking about Sept. 05? Friends stayed there in Aug. 05 and said it was a dump, they were told that some rooms were renovated and they were going to start working on the others. our trip is set for this August but I have to make a decision yesterday. the tour group needs to know asap. thanks alot
amy

Flame123 May 24th, 2006 05:44 AM

Yes I am talking about Sept. 05. As is with most older hotels, when they start renovating, it takes a long time and they do it piecemeal. So if you are lucky to get a newly renovated room, that is good. If not....... I guess that is why people can write completely different reviews about the same hotel. Depends on the room you get. I hope you end up making the right decision and have a great trip.

ksose May 25th, 2006 10:00 AM

i didnt stay at the Sheraton (was at the Dan Panorama) but the location is excellent, right between the old city and the exciting part of new jerusalem. if i had to pick a place to stay, that would be it.