Sofitel in Cairo

Aug 16th, 2000, 02:30 AM
Irene

Sofitel in Cairo

Imaginative Traveler uses the Sofitel in Cairo for their Traveler Plus tour. Has anyone had any experience there? It looks nice on their website, but I've only seen one comment on it here vs. Mena House which is often mentioned. Anyone traveled with I.T. recently? Thanks! Irene

Aug 16th, 2000, 06:33 AM
Dianne

The Sofitel Le Sphinx was a gorgeous looking place when I saw it in 1996. There's a lovely pool area with a view of the Pyramids. I didn't see the rooms, but the people we were picking up said their room was very nice. It'll be my choice if I can get back to Egypt. I stayed at the Mena House in 1995 in both the palace rooms (fabulous), and the garden rooms (a bit faded and worn).

Aug 17th, 2000, 09:17 AM
joy

We stayed 2 nights at the Sofitel by the Pyramids. We had a view of the Pyramids from our room. Restaurant was good, rooms were nice. Also stayed at LE Meridian by Pryamids. It was GREAT!!! We arrived by train early and our roomswouldn't be ready for while, so they gave us the Penthouse suite for same price as our room. It was famtastic!! We sat on our balcony and looked at the Pyramids.

Search this Thread