Smart Casual after Safari!!

Mar 8th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Smart Casual after Safari!!

We're off to Zambia next Tuesday so I'm just getting around to thinking about what to take. Usually we stick to safari gear for the whole trip and just put a clean set of clothes on for dinner. However on this trip we finish up with 3 nights at the Islands of Siankaba & on their website they state that Dinner is "Smart Casual". Does this mean I need to take smarter clothes for this part of the trip or can I get away with tidy safari gear?
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:23 PM
sandi

Ruthie -

My guess is that Siankaba would like everyone to be in "smart casual" clothing. However, considering that most visitors will be coming from or on their way to safari... not likely. Even the Vic Falls Hotel has one restaurant requiring men to wear jackets (sports, not safari).

Anything in black or brown that doesn't wrinkle - pants/skirt/dress outfits found in the safari outfitters catelogues with a great scarf, would work. And, of course, lightweight. Regardless the weight limits, I always pack something that would work if "smart casual" might be required.

Mar 8th, 2005, 04:36 PM

Hello Ruthie, for our safari/smart casual meant a comfortable skirt, sandles and blouse for me and a nice button up shirt with slacks for my spouse. Have a wonderful trip!
Mar 9th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - I'll have to re-think the packing list slightly!

Search this Thread