Skyauction.com package to Egypt

Oct 7th, 2000, 11:40 AM
Marie

Skyauction.com package to Egypt

Anyone else ever "win" the bid and go on a Skyauction.com package? They seem to repeat the Egypt offering. . .We go in November.

Oct 8th, 2000, 02:57 PM
Tricia

Over in Cheap Flight Forum at www.eurotrip.com several posters did win Skyauction bids only to be put off by Skyauction and frustrated to no end because they were never acknowledged as 'winners' and couldn't get their tickets. Know what the cost is before you bid, be the first to bid and 'set' your price with the feature that allows you to- I think if you www.tiss.com or watch the travel section of your Sunday paper you will find prices just as low if not lower. On tiss the price they quote you is without taxes - so know what taxes will be and WATCH how much they add on. There are several different travel agents on TISS for the USA travel and each is a little different in their surcharges etc. That's the only complaint I have heard on TISS. Also watch bestfare.com even if you don't become a member sometimes they can alert you to airline sales- then just go to the airline yourself. Also join www.smarterliving.com give them your iteniary and they will keep you updated every Wed

Oct 9th, 2000, 11:57 AM
Marie

I guess things have just worked out well so far for us--very promptly received a FedEx packet from SkyAuction with tickets, detailed itinerary, and even visa application forms and mini-history of Egypt. We'll soon be finding out if all was as described, but I'm optimistic.

Search this Thread