Notices

Skip Vic falls for mana pools? Help!

Mar 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Skip Vic falls for mana pools? Help!

Hi all,
Flying from the States in late July into Lusaka for a canoe safari along the Zambezi river. (3 nights). Then have to make a big decision:

1. Go for two nights to Mana Pools (Kanga camp) then fly to Vic Falls for one night

Or

2. Stay 3 nights in Vic Falls

We will end our 2.5 week stay with a 6 night jeep safari in Botswana.

Not looking to raft/microfly/bungee jump so I'm afraid 3 nights in Vic Falls will be much too long. Would also be open to skipping Vic Falls all together, but unsure of how our itinerary would flow then. It's our first time to Africa, but we are young, and so I'm hoping it won't be our last!
Mar 11th, 2013, 08:13 PM

My DH and I went on safari in Zambia last October, and enjoyed some of the best game viewing we have experienced (and we have been to Southern and East Africa many times). If it were me - but keeping in mind that I am Canadian and we have Niagara Falls - I would pitch Vic Falls and spend as much time as possible on safari. We haven't been to Mana Pools, but were across the river in Lower Zambezi NP for three nights (at Old Mondoro) - the scenery and wildlife were spectacular! CR
Mar 11th, 2013, 09:02 PM

Vic Falls isn't worth the extra expense to divert for one day. I suggest doing 2 nites at a camp along the river and switch Kanga to just one nite.
Mar 12th, 2013, 09:27 AM

If you are transiting through Vic Falls to Botswana, stay there for one night. I agree that 3 nights are 'way too many! I loved Mana Pools, so I'd vote for that.

Search this Thread