Single Traveller to SA

Sep 20th, 2003, 01:09 AM
fka
Original Poster

Single Traveller to SA

Hi,

I'm a 30 year old black female travelling to SA from London in November. I plan to to stay in J'burg for about 12 days and then fly to capetown with Kulula for about 6 days.
Any advice on safety ?

I dont drive and I'm hoping to take tours to places like Kruger park, sun city and tour of J'bourg in the north and Robben island, table mountain in the south.

I plan to stay at a B&B in north J'bourg orPretoria and capetown. I have been told that Pretoria is afer than J'burg My budget is not extensive.

I would like some advice on good companies that do tours, airport transfers etc. I have beeen told not to take a bus or train or just any taxi from the airport or during my travels.

I would also like recommendations on B&Bs not more than ZA400 and any other tips or advice.
Sep 20th, 2003, 10:03 AM

Hi. Selwyn and one other good person here are the local Cape Town experts and I'm sure he'll have some ideas. Until then, run a search on Fodors for Cape Town and look for his posts, esp. on B and Bs. We loved Cape Town. You may also wish to check Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree board as they specialize in single young travelers on budgets although they aren't as cautious as I would like. You'll have a great trip.

Search this Thread