Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Single Entry Visa for Zimbabwe (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/single-entry-visa-for-zimbabwe-848832/)

kcapuani Jul 9th, 2010 03:48 PM

Single Entry Visa for Zimbabwe

We are traveling to Zimbabwe in October and are debating whether to get our Visa in advance or not. As U.S. citizens, apparently we can get one upon entry into the country. For those who have done this, how long was the wait to get a Visa upon entry? If it was longer than an hour, we may just pay the service charge to have it in advance.

christabir Jul 9th, 2010 06:58 PM

We paid there (Vic Falls) - exact change only. We were last out of a 30 person (about) and I don't think we had a ridiculous wait - couldn't have been too bad because I don't remember being annoyed. I don't see how getting it ahead would save you any time as you have to get through customs anyway. I'm pretty sure it's the same line. But maybe someone else has better info for you.

sandi Jul 10th, 2010 08:22 AM

Our wait, with quite a few entering in front of us, took maybe 10-15/min. Besides, you have to wait for baggage to come of the plane.

You're on holiday! You're in Africa! Take a deep breath and "go with the flow" - don't expect things to happen as quickly as we often expect Stateside.

wildwings Jul 13th, 2010 05:35 AM

No need to get your visa in advance. Just have cash ready (USD) to pay at the airport upon arrival, it's quick and easy, will definitely not take an hour. Remember if you plan to visit the Zambian side of the falls as well, you need get a double entry visa. In October there is no water on the Zambian side, but you do have access from that side to Livingstone Island on the edge of the falls, as well as the crazy devil's pool on the edge of the falls, should you wish to swim at the top of the waterfall!
The visa fees for Zimbabwe at the moment are $30 for single entry, $45 for double entry and $55 for multiple entry.

kcapuani Jul 13th, 2010 11:12 AM

Thanks everyone! I was hoping the wait would not be too long and we could just take care of the Visa upon arrival.

wildwings - Thanks for posting the Visa fees. I thought I had read that a single entry is $60. Glad to know it is much less.

CarrieT Jul 13th, 2010 06:31 PM

I've been looking into Visa fees as well since I will also be there in October. I decided to get mine at the port of entry. I need to get a multiple entry because I'm doing the crazy Devi's Pool trip as well as a trip to Chobe National Park. The higher visa fee is if you want to get your visa in advance through the embassy (not sure why it's higher). I checked with the embassy today and the fees posted above 30/45/55 are correct (but could of course change by October). And if you're planning Zambia at all, they have a $20 day trip visa that you can get when you're crossing the boarder.