Singiti: Best time; Boulders or Ebony?

Jan 14th, 2003, 01:18 PM
KatW

Singiti: Best time; Boulders or Ebony?

Planning a 2004 trip to South Africa primarily to go to Singiti (two of us). Flexible as to time. I was thinking their winter which starts in April and goes through September or so. Does this make sense? Will it be too cold to use the pools? Given that April through September timeframe, which is the best time to go to see the most VARIETY of animals?

In terms os Singita itself, I'd be very interested in input from folks who have stayed there, in which lodges and which lodge is preferable.

Thanks, all.

Jan 14th, 2003, 03:15 PM
KatW

Sorry all, SingitA.

Jan 14th, 2003, 05:06 PM
nls

My stay at Singita Ebony in late-May, 2003 was as close to perfection as possible. They seemed to anticipate my needs before I was even aware of them. One example, having the fireplace going in the room upon my return from evening game drive. I hadn't thought to request that in advance.

The later part of May was great for many reasons. Water was scarce, so game was concentrated near water holes. Vegetation was down, so game was easier to spot. The flight from JFK was about only at about half capacity, so there was room to lie down in coach. On game drive, there were only 2 other people in our vehicle, along with the Ranger and Tracker. The daytime temp was around 85 and the mornings and night quite cool, but not uncomfortable.

All-in-all, it was a fantastic experience. I return to Singita Ebony in May 2003!

Search this Thread