Singitas Help needed!

Aug 10th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Singitas Help needed!

Can someone who knows please help us decide which is the "Singita" to stay at and answer some of our questions please? They all so sound wonderful.
Do Ebony and Boulders share the same gym and pool ? How far from each other are they?
Since we are going with a group we want to cover any needs, and for the ones who may have walking too far difficulties ( even though yes, we know this is a part of the safari ;-)- want not to have to put them in a hilly walking to the room situation.. In their brochure, Lebombo rooms look like they are cliff hangers? Are they ? Are they far from the main lodge? What is the walk to the rooms from the main camp lodge like? Where is the spa and pool there?
Of Ebony and Boulders which is your favorite and why? Same q about spa and gym whereabouts from the rooms with these 2.
Thanks for any help.. we are very confused about these 3 and apppreciate your comments..
Aug 10th, 2004, 10:53 AM
sandi

Can't answer all your questions, but at both Ebony and Boulders, each room (rather small house) has its "own pool." We didn't use any gym equipment, so didn't even bother asking where these were located, but doubt these two camps share such facilities. Each camp probably has a room where whatever equipment is available is located.

These two camps are about a 5-minute drive from each other and one doesn't have to walk to either - someone will drive you if you wish to visit the public areas of the other to see what the each looks like; doubt though that you will be able to see individual rooms.

If anyone in your group has a problem walking I would suggest this be mentioned when arranging reservations and request they be given a room (house) closest to the public space/restaurant at the camp. We stayed at Ebony and I don't recall hills, or uneven ground to walk between rooms or the public space. There are, however, two levels (deck areas) where meals are served at Ebony and if I recall correctly, at Boulders - if this should be a problem for anyone in your group.

I would suggest that if you have these concerns and need specific correct information - email Singita and get your answers direct from them.

Someone else will have to answer re Lebombo or Sweni camps or include these in your email.

Aug 12th, 2004, 12:02 PM

Hi there let me see if I can help

Each camp at Singita is run independantly so no they do not share pools or anything at all! They all have their own amenaties. Lebombo rooms are indeed ove a cliff and some rooms are far from the lodge the others are closer what you have to do is put fitter people in the rooms that are a little further away. out of all all them Singita Ebony is still my favourite

Search this Thread