Singita attire

Oct 18th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Singita attire

Hi everyone

We are leaving Saturday for Singita and I am torn on what I should be packing for appropriate clothing for this time of year. This is our first trip to SA. I have been told by some that some of the women wear dresses in the evening but this seems contradictory to other advice we have received. If we are dining outdoors in the boma, should I be in pants and long sleeves? I am worried about mosquitoes etc. Also curious what type of temperature we should expect in the mornings and after dark in the evenings. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
Oct 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM

fallgirl

You really don't have to worry about this.Most guests are relaxed.Pants and long sleeves will be fine in the boma.
The mosquitoes won't bother you but take the normal precautions.

I spoke to my mom today and it's hot!
Your daytime average will be in the 30's and at night will drop down to low 20's.

They are experiencing a severe drought again and Nelspruit has even halted all new pool constructions.

Which lodge at Singita did you pick?
Oct 18th, 2005, 10:38 PM

I was at Singita Boulders in May/June and only remember one woman wearing a skirt (knee length) to the boma dinner. Everyone else wore pants, some wore pants suits, one had a pashmina shawl (it was chillier then), others had scarves. People tend to dress a bit nicer there for dinner than at other camps but anything goes and dresses are not the norm. We were there three nights and one was a boma dinner (although it rained and so we finished it indoors). All the other dinners were inside the intimate dining room. Have a wonderful time.

Search this Thread