Simbambili - Where the party never ends...

Sep 25th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Simbambili - Where the party never ends...

One thing that is a constant on my next safari is staying at Simbambili in the Sabi Sand. While everything else in my itinerary changes on a daily basis, there is no doubt that Simbambili is a winner.

Here are the latest photos from the "Leopards of Simbambili" documentary on Taga Safaris (www.tagasafaris.co.za) website.

This latest series is not for the faint of heart, as the dominant leopard in Simbambili killed an older male leopard that was new to the territory. Then the hyenas got to the poor old chap, but that is Africa.

Throw in the fact that Simbambili has private plunge pools, great looking rooms and reputedly excellent guiding, and Simbambili looks like an amazing place.

http://www.thornybush.co.za (Simbambili is owned by Thornybush who also owns a few different lodges in the Thornybush reserve)
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Wow, check out these 10 day old leopard cubs discovered last night at Simbambili. I don't think I have ever seen leopard cubs that young.

http://tagasafaris.mywowbb.com/forum2/9.html
Oct 14th, 2004, 07:40 AM

Roccco, thanks for pointing these out. I finally had a chance to check out the photos, and there's an amazing shot of a leopard eating a python and a lion eating a giraffe. I made a new post about "kills" since it seems so many of us want to see the action, but I have spoken to very few people who have actually seen a full chase and kill.

Michael

Search this Thread