Side trip from Dubai

Dec 27th, 2005, 12:04 PM
JCP
Original Poster

Side trip from Dubai

I would like to take a side trip from Dubai. I am debating between the Maldives and Mauritius, but don't know much about either. Maldives seem beautiful but Mauritius may offer more to do. Any suggestions/alternatives? Thank you!
Dec 28th, 2005, 07:26 AM

I love Dubai. Iíve been traveling to Dubai for over 15 years; recently just last week. I would definitely go there for minimum 3 nights, maximum 5 nights. There are just too many things to do.

With referenced to the Maldives, since Iíve never traveled to Mauritius, this all depends on your interest. How much do you enjoy water sports? I have traveled to the Maldives three times primarily to go scuba diving. Some resorts have spas, tennis courts, sailing, snorkeling, to name a few. However, if youíre looking for a place to relax and enjoy reading, then this island is for you. The water is pristine, and warm year round.
Dec 29th, 2005, 11:11 PM

Sure you could find a real "deal" in the capital of Male, but do you really want to stay there??? I've stayed in the capital and I'll tell you, it's a very dirty...ugly place to stay. If you want pristine waters, you need to travel to one of the atolls (islands). I would research this subject more and decide what your main interests are, and how much money you want to spend. Let me know if you required additional info.
Jan 10th, 2006, 12:51 PM
JCP
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all of your advice!

Search this Thread