Notices

Should I visit Vamizi Island again?

Nov 17th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Original Poster

Should I visit Vamizi Island again?

I visited Vamizi Island last year. It was amazing to visit this island and enjoyed with family. My family wants to visit this place again but I want to see some other place. Our main motive is to enjoy and explore wild life. Should I visit Vamizi Island again or visit some other place. If it should be other place what would you suggest?
Nov 17th, 2015, 04:07 AM

I just looked up Vamizi Island, and it seems the resort has closed down anyway, so you may have no option but to find somewhere else.

Sounds like your family wants beach, but a safari camp might suit you better. How about combining Zanzibar (or Mafia or Pemba) with Selous and/or Ruaha? This is very easy to do, with direct flights from the parks to the islands. On a Vamizi type budget you could go to Beho Beho in Selous. I'm particularly a big fan of Ruaha, but it is a bit further away. Depends how much safari you want to do.
Nov 17th, 2015, 12:21 PM

not sure if you specifically wanting to go to Mozambique or where you from but you could also look at Quilalea Island, you could also combine with Azura Selous for the wildlife option.
You could also look at Azura Selous & Fundu Lagoon (Pemba, Zanzibar)
Villa Santorini is also a beautiful lodge & you could combine with Kruger.
It's always tough when you go to a great place as you want to experience new places but don't want to be disappointed.
Sandy - Love Africa Travel

Search this Thread