Reload this Page >

Cruise stops in Port Said and Alexandria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 10:31 PM
Darlene

My parents, husband, daughter and I are taking a cruise that stops in Port Said and Alexandria. The cruise company has an organized overnight trip from Port Said to Cairo and then Alexandria which is outrageously expensive ($2300 for the 5 of us). We would prefer to do something on our own. We were thinking of hiring a car and driver (taxi) to take us to Giza and then into Cairo, spending the night in Cairo and then taking a taxi to Alexandria. I haven't been able to find much information to help with this plan, and I am reluctant to just show up in Port Said and hope for the best. I really don't want to go to Egypt and then miss out on Cairo and the Pyramids. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 06:15 PM

to the top

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 12:51 PM
Prue

Darlene, if you do a search using Alexandria Egypt you will find there is quite a lot of information which will be of interest to you.

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 08:49 PM
Prue

Darlene, I have brought an earlier set of posts to the top for you to save having to do a search, hope it helps. <BR>It is titled Short Tour of Egypt.

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 03:42 PM
Jim Creegan

We will be going on a cruise in May, stopping in Alexandria and Port Said too. I found this company, Champion Tours, recommended by several people from another travel board : http://www.champion-tours.com. <BR>Have anyone else used their service? We are thinking of signing up with them.