Light Shows in Egypt

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 06:23 PM
Rudy

Light Shows in Egypt

Has anyone been to the light shows at either the Pyramids or Karnak? How were they? These are offered as options on our tour, and we'd like to know whether we should see one or both. Thanks for your input.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 06:27 AM
Karen

We went to both light shows at the Pyramids and Karnak. Both were terrific and we're glad we attended both, and would recommend attending both. They seemed quite reasonably priced on our tour (Globus). If you could only do one, Karnak would be my choice. <BR>At the Pyramids, you sit and watch and listen to the story of how the pyramids might have been built, the important people during the time of construction, etc. It was very informative, the sky was clear, with a warm breeze. Just wonderful. <BR>However, at Karnak, you are walking thru about half of the show, while the story is being told. Then you sit at the end of the Karnak site (quite beautiful!) for the remainder. We thought seeing the site from different angles brought more interest. <BR>Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 02:06 PM
Dick

Thanks Karen for the comments. We are signed up for Globus tour in late June and obviously look forward to hearing from recent travelers.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 07:22 AM
Dianne

I took the Globus tour to Egypt in 1995. The Mena House and Aswan Oberi were beautiful hotels. The tour schedule was absolutely insane! It was a challenge to find time to wash my hair! But, I had a fabulous time and loved every minute of it. <BR>I took the optional tours except the dinner cruise in Cairo. The Karnak light show was better in my opinion. If it's offered, I heard the light show at Philae temple in Aswan is worth seeing, but haven't seen it myself. <BR>If you have half as much fun as I did on this trip, it will be money well spent! Enjoy.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 10:31 PM
Myriam

We have been to the light show at the temple of Philae and were disappointed. There was very little light to see and the "background" music was so loud that it was difficult to understand what was being told.

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 12:09 AM
Sheryl

I lived in Egypt for 10 years and went to every sound and light show many times. I like them all and especially if you only have one chance -- do it! Also, they change the shows every once in awhile. You never know when you'll see a new show, so you cannot always rely on someone who has been there before you. Unless the only time to go is during you hair washing time, try to fit all of them in! You'll love Egypt.