Shopping for Nile Cruises

Nov 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Shopping for Nile Cruises

My wife and I will be in Egypt in mid December on our own and wish to include a 3 night -4 day Nile Cruise. We are on tight budget and would prefer to bargain and select a cruise company while in Aswan . I have been Egypt a few summers ago and summer being low season , you could bargain on just about anything and find it available on the spot.
But we are in high season and I want to get on board. Will I have any problems if I wait until I arrive or must I do a booking in advance of arriving in Aswan? Please advise. Tks
Nov 6th, 2003, 12:50 PM
sandi

December is hi-season for both out of country tourists (North America and Europe and Japan) and those in the vicinity - Egypt, Jordan, Israel - and though tourism is down in Egypt, I wouldn't wait to book for that time in December.

Why not contact a few Egyptian tour operators and see what prices they are offering for cruises during that timeframe. They are likely to have better prices than a tour operator in your home country (ca.=Canada?).

try MISR - official Egyptian tour operator
try Egyptian Connections (belive that's their name)

Do a "search" on your browser for Egyptian Tour Operators and see what others come up. At least with information from these, you'll have an idea of prices.

Nov 6th, 2003, 02:32 PM

I was in Egypt last Jan (I think that is still considered the high season) and all of the boats were nearly empty. Ours had about 20 people with a capacity of 120 I would say. We booked ahead, but met other people on the cruise that booked it the day before and I bet they paid a lot less (even though it really wasn't that expensive to begin with). I'd be willing to bet you would find something, especially if you have flexiblity of a day or two when you want it to leave. Have a great time!

Search this Thread