Shooting Star in Zanzibar

Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:58 AM
Original Poster

Shooting Star in Zanzibar

Hi,

does anybody know something about the Shooting Star Inn on Kiwenga Beach? I have read that the beach is occupied by big ressort. Is it therefore crowded?
Is Pongwe Beach Hotel the better deal, if we are looking for a nice and quite beach?
Thanks.
Bernd
Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:40 AM

I'm not familiar with the Shooting Star Resort, but have stayed at Pongwe Beach and enjoyed it. Yes, it's a nice, quiet beach, although you may hear some music coming from a nearby resort, if they've got a party going. The food is wonderful, as well. If you stay there, make sure you get one of the bungalows on the beach. We were in one set back off the beach in February that didn't get the seabreeze and it was terribly hot.
Sep 23rd, 2005, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks ShayTay,
I sincerely hope that the music is not too loud.
How did you experience the tide? I have heard that it is going out quite some hundred meters during low tide.
Is that true?
Thanks
Bernd
Sep 26th, 2005, 09:58 AM

Hi,

My husband and I stayed with 2 friends of ours at Pongwe Beach Resort this past January... we loved it! It was a stunning, quiet resort with a beautiful beach. We had the last bungalow (farthest from the common areas) right on the beach and it was unbelievable. The windows are simply screens (no glass) and it's wonderful to fall asleep to the sound of the Indian Ocean (the only negative to that is that the wind blows open the curtains and makes privacy almost impossible) - we were there for 5 days and never heard any noise or music at all!

The beach and water are spectacular and wonderful and warm for swimming... but yes, there is a strong tide and during the afternoon, one would have to walk out for about half an hour to get deep! It means that most of the swimming is done in the morning and later afternoon and evening, that's all!

Enjoy!

Search this Thread