Notices

Shiwa Ngandu

Jul 19th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Original Poster

Shiwa Ngandu

Hi All

Have any fodorites been to shiwa ngandu? It looks like a pretty unique and offbeat destination but I cannot find any reviews on it?

I am considering adding it to the end of a 15 day trip that include 6 nights CPT and 6 nights Luangwa River Lodge but would like to know more about the location.

Jul 20th, 2007, 05:30 AM

The "Africa House"* was in disrepair, but recently refurbished and now (believe last 2/hrs) a lovely retreat, with interesting history, off the beaten path.

I'm not familiar (generally with Zambia) where this is located in relation to other area you are visting, but if it's easy enough to get to/from and connecting airport for flights, I'd sure add it.

* Pick up a copy of the book. A most interesting read.
Jul 20th, 2007, 01:04 PM

read the book 1st. You should also add some days at NLNP as it is on the way to Shiwa.

I have been in the house only prior to renovation and in the midst of it. Lots of work had to be done. Its a very interesting place and worthwhile going to. Charlie Harvey can be a good host too.

If one was going to do SLNP, NLNP and Shiwa, this would be an excellent section to drive. You could get a feel for remote Zambia. Include a nite at Wilderness Lodge along the way in Luambe NP.

Search this Thread