Shimba Hills - Sheldrick Falls

Apr 11th, 2006, 02:59 AM
Original Poster

Shimba Hills - Sheldrick Falls

Hi
We are considering doing the Sheldrick Falls walk, which is described as 4km and difficult, whilst staying at Shimba Forest Lodge. Not sure if that is 4km in each direction or total. Just wondered if anyone had done it and what they thought of it?

Also has anyone stayed at the lodge and what did they think?

Gill
Apr 11th, 2006, 06:24 AM

Hi animalwatcher,

Itís just a short walk. Iíd say the 4 kilometres is the total. The return is a bit steep, but no problem if you do any exercise at all at home. I had to stop to pretend taking some photos though. The falls are beautiful and do remember to bring swimwear. When I did the walk there was an angry buffalo in the bushes that added some excitement.
Iíve had lunch at Shimba Rainforest Lodge and there were some extremely fat Nile monitors. Lovely place.
Safari njema

Apr 11th, 2006, 08:19 AM

Shimba Hills is probably one place I wouldn't go back to. I'm assuming it's the place overlooking the watering hole?

Highlights:- Elephants at the watering hole, Bush Babies coming down and gently taking bits of banana from you in the evening. Friendly staff.

Lowlights:- Not a great game drive, saw the Sable Antelopes but nothing else much to write home about. Food wasn't great at the lodge and... I'm not saying it was the food.... but I had somekind of food poisoning from somewhere... with the same symptoms as friends of mine who stayed at the lodge the same time 6 months before. Possibly just coincidence.

Search this Thread