Search

Go2Africa.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2007, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go2Africa.com

My husband and I are interested in going to Tanzania and Botswana. We have a tentative itinerary which looks good with this company.
Has anyone done business with them in the past.
I am a little worried becaiuse they have had personnel and phone changes since I started emailing them.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a travel agent in the US who could put together a reasonable trip to these area?
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 05:22 PM

Hi, I returned from a trip with go2africa in May. Everything went smoothly, I was really impressed with their service. I think I saw an announcement about phone disruptions on one of my emails, I am still in contact with my agent at go2africa as she has just literally sorted out an aspect of my trip(which she did not book for us but that I needed help resolving and she offered - a good example to me of her dedication to giving good customer service). I could ask her for an explanation if you like. Anyway, I can't help for US agents but I would not hesitate to recommend go2africa, we were very happy with our booking experience/trip and post-trip experience with them. (If you want to take a look at my trip report type 'Simbambili, Rocktail bay' into the search function, I have detailed our experience there).
Old Aug 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM

I should have added that they are a well known company and that you should do a search here and on other travel websites for other travellers opinions.
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your response. I looked at the information you presented and it was very helpful. I am actually working with the same person.
She has us scheduled for 6 days in Botswana. Is that adequate for all the traveling we will be doing. She has us at Xugana Island Camp. Anyone know anything about it?
The Tanzania portion is with Ranger Safaris. Anyone hear of them?
Thanks again for the info.
Old Aug 23rd, 2007, 12:18 PM

When we were planning our Kenya trip last year (in fact believe we got home to L.A. a year ago this week), I found go2africa more expensive.
Suggest you contact African Serendipity based out of New York. Very reasonable pricing.

Best pricing would be with two separate operators, one for each country. But not too much cheaper than Afr. Seren. should be.

Kevin from California
Old Aug 24th, 2007, 04:27 PM

I used go2africa for a 2 week Kenya and Tanzania safari in May 2007. I would recommend them but do not know if they are the cheapest. They used Pollman's for the Kenya part and Rangers for Tanzania. I found them to be very good.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the African Serendipity Info. It appears they do Kenya and Tanzania.
Would you know of a reasonable tour operator who would Tanzania and Botswana? The Tanzania portion could be booked with Rangers but I don't see anyone who specializes in both?