sharm el sheikh - hints? tips? advice?

Nov 15th, 2000, 11:11 AM
Steph

sharm el sheikh - hints? tips? advice?

Hello, we (my husband, myself and our 18 month old) will be going to S. el S. for 8 days over the new years period. This is our 1st trip to Egypt. We'll be staying at the Marriot Resort. While we chose this location for the weather and the chance to kick back and relax on a beach, we would like to see some of the wonderful things that Egypt has to offer. Can anyone recommend a tour operator, or can anyone tell us how convenient S. el S. is to anything else that might be managable for us with a young child? Any other hints, tips, advice or no-nos would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Stephanie.

Nov 17th, 2000, 08:00 AM
cb

When we visited the S el S area, we stayed at a hotel on Naama Bay. Right on the beach was a kiosk that sold day trips and glass-bottom boat trips. We did the one to the Colored Canyon with stops at Dahab and a place (can't remember the name) where one can swim with dolphins.
Trip to St Catherine's monastery/Mt Sinai is also available, but I can't remember if this can be done on a day.
We stayed overnight there.
Trips are also available from the hotels. Booking your side trips as you go (depending on your child's mood) will give you better flexibility -

Nov 19th, 2000, 05:28 PM
Mary

Stephanie,
We stayed in Sharm in August at the Hyatt Regency. It was fabulous! Make sure that you go to Mt. Sinai and the Monastery. Also, you are only an hour (or less) from Cairo (by air). Don't even think about trying it by car -- aarrgghh! Anyway -- it wonderful to relax there...enjoy!

Search this Thread