Reload this Page >

Dubai - Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 05:36 AM
Karen

We're considering a Dubai holiday with our daughter (she'll be about 18 months)in February. Someone has recommended the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. We're desparately in need of some R&R and thought a week with not much to do but sit by the pool would be just the thing.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 05:10 AM
Michelle

Hi there Karen: I was hoping that someone with more info would answer, however, here's what I know. <BR> <BR>I've been to Dubai many times and have sometimes stayed on Jumeirah Beach. There are several hotels there ie Meridien etc and all are excellent with all facilities one would need for a relaxing vacation. Most of them incorporate "Jumeirah Beach" into their name ie Meridion at Jumeirah Beach, however, there is a Jumeirah Beach Hotel which is quite outstanding. It's relatively new (about a year old) and built in the shape of a (sea) wave. I haven't stayed there but many of my friends have. (Middle East residents tend to head to Dubai for short R&R breaks, hence the number of people I know who have visited.) The JBH has several restaurants, (the one that has received most accolades from folk seems to be the seafood restaurant at end of pier). Hotel also has swimming pools, bars, excellent beach facilities/activities etc. None of my friends have young children so can't answer on that angle. <BR> <BR>Dubai itself is well set for tourism (tours, recreation facilities of all kinds, excellent and interesting shopping, some beautiful architecture, museums etc). It is also far less rigid than other ME countries which means you can dress more or less how you want. <BR> <BR>The winters in this part of the world are excellent (have to be to make up for ghastly summer weather). Jan/Feb are the coldest months but our "cold" seems pretty good to folk from other climates and Dubai, Bahrain etc receive many tour groups from (particularly) Finland and the Scandinavian countries during these months. It can get chilly at night so remember to bring a jacket. Jan/Feb also the time we would get rain, however, as you can count on your fingers the annual number of rainy days (and still have fingers to spare) I wouldn't worry too much about this. If I can be of any further help feel free to e-mail me.

Old Oct 18th, 2000, 02:36 AM
karen

Just thought I'd refresh this to see if there is any more recent experience. Also, any thoughts on whether UAR is safe travel for Americans in light of the recent violence in Israel?

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 05:15 PM
U-BET

Karen, <BR> <BR>My cruise ship docked in Dubai last spring. I would love to go back. It's a fabulous country - - so different from the U.S. We stopped in at Jumeriah Beach Hotel - outstanding, but pricey. Rooms start at $350 per night. The adjacent Arab Towers is totally unbelievable as are the prices. <BR> <BR>I would feel comfortable in any large hotel. The country is immaculate and safe. I walked for miles along roads that were lightly traveled and never looked over my shoulder. <BR> <BR>Don't miss the gold souk in the old part of the city. The streets are literally lined with gold. <BR> <BR>Have a fun time.

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 02:54 AM
Caranne

Karen: <BR>The first question is where are you traveling from? USA, Europe, Africa? If from the US remember that you have only seven days and traveling with a baby so far for such a short time could be hard on all of you. If you live in the US on the East Coast why not to go to Virgin Islands for instance. February is a great time to go there. If you live on the West Coast why not Hawaii or Bora Bora. In any of these places you can find luxury accommodations where you can sit by the pool and be near the other activities if you get tired of doing nothing.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 03:31 AM
Karen

Thanks for the recommendations to date. We're really looking forward to this much-needed holiday, so any suggestions are appreciated - we can't afford to make a mistake on this one! Caranne - you're helpful comments are very considerate. We'll be flying from Moscow, so Dubai is actually very convenient for us.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 05:56 AM
topper

topping.